- Brand: Salus
- Product Code: floravital-iron-plus-herbs-liquid-extract-SAL-17-oz
- Quantity per Container: 17 Oz
Floravital Iron + Herbs from Salus is a easily absorbed gluten-free and yeast-free vegetarian supplement that is rich in iron and B vitamins for health and energy support.
Although it is readily found in nature, iron is poorly absorbed and Floravital Iron and Herbs is specially designed to support healthy iron levels due to its maximum absorption ability.*
- A low dose and yeast-free and gluten-free liquid iron supplement
- Contains highly soluble iron gluconate as well as herbal extracts, whole food concentrates and co-factors vitamins B and C
- Fast, easy assimilation
- Free of additives, alcohol and preservatives
- Gluten, wheat, yeast, dairy, lactose and GMO free
- Packaged in environmentally-friendly glass bottles
- Gentle on the digestive tract and non-constipating
- Ideal for vegans and vegetarians
- Recommended by naturopaths and midwives
- Today Floradix and Floravital Iron and Herbs is the best-selling natural liquid iron supplement in North America
- Each 20 ml serving satisfies the RDA for women of childbearing age*
- Helps renew vitality*
- Beneficial support for pregnant and lactating women, athletes, the elderly and vegetarians or vegans*
Why do so many of us constantly feel tired or fatigued? Perhaps we are one of many suffering from iron deficiency - the single most prevalent nutrient deficiency worldwide. In fact, iron deficiency is the leading cause of fatigue among women between the time of menstruation and menopause (it is estimated that up to 26% of reproductive aged women are iron deficient).
Adolescents and women of childbearing age need to regularly replace the iron that is eliminated through monthly blood loss. Demand during pregnancy also increases as iron is needed for proper placenta development and prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies.
In children and teenagers, a lack of iron is common due to poor eating habits, stress and growth spurts, and could influence behavior, learning ability and overall health.
Endurance athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat and the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased stamina.
Iron is an essential element for the body. It combines with copper and protein to make hemoglobin, a major component of red blood cells which transports oxygen from the lungs to all the tissues of the body. Iron is also needed throughout the body for adenosine triphosphate production (ATP). ATP is required for cellular energy and proper cell function. When iron is low, ATP production drops and energy levels decrease as a result.
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency include:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Pale skin
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Brittle hair and nails
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Decreased ability to exercise
- Poor concentration
- Rapid pulse
- Susceptibility to infections
- Dizziness or faintness
- Cold extremities
Servings (10 mL) per container: 50
10 mL contains:
Total Carbohydrate 2g
---Total Sugars 2g
----Includes 1g Added Sugars Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride) 2.25mg (188%)
Riboflavin 3.6mg (277%)
---(as riboflavin 5 phosphate sodium)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 1.8mg (106%)
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 6.75mcg (281%)
Iron (as ferrous gluconate) 10mg (56%)
Proprietary Blend 7.6g:
---Aqueous extract from rose hips (Rosa canina L.), chamomile flowers, fennel seed and spinach leaves, rose hip (Rosa canina L.) fruit extract
Other Ingredients: Grape juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, black currant juice, water, cherry juice concentrate, blackberry juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate and ascorbic acid.
Contains NO: gluten, wheat, dairy, lactose, GMOs, alcohol, artificial colors or flavors, parabens, sorbate or other antimicrobial agents.
Shake bottle before using. Take approximately 30 minutes before meals.
Adults (12 and over): Take 10 mL (mark on cap), twice daily.
Children (4-11 years): Take 10 mL (mark on cap), once daily.
Refrigerate after opening. This product must be used within 4 weeks of opening.
Do not drink from the bottle! Iron supplements are contraindicated in persons suffering from infections. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Accidental overdose of iron containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.