Heritage Store Castor Oil
- Brand: Heritage Store
- Product Code: castor-oil-HRS-16-oz
- Quantity per Container: 16 Oz
The Palma Christi Castor Oil from Heritage Store is a hexane-free castor oil that soothes and softens skin.
- Pure, cold pressed, top quality oil
- Soothes and softens skin
- Perfect for health-promoting packs
- Certified by periodic laboratory tests to be free of pesticide residues
Castor has been used in many cultures around the world for over 3,000 years. In old herbal texts, it is called the "Palma Christi", Latin for the palm of Christ and has many healing properties. Doctors at the former A.R.E. Clinic, under the guidance of Dr. William McGarey, used castor oil for virtually every aspect of health.
Ricinus Communis (Cold-Pressed Castor) Oil
Saturate flannel and place over abdomen or other areas. Cover with plastic and apply heat to support absorption.
Massage into any area where softening and soothing are desired.
Castor Oil Pack (Cotton or Wool Flannel)
1. Make a pack of appropriate size and saturate with castor oil. (Oil may be preheated or used with heating pad or hot water bottle. Do not use heat if infection or fever is present or suspected).
2. Position pack over affected area and cover with a piece of plastic and heating pad if desired. A towel may be used to help protect bedding.
3. Allow pack to remain for an hour or more. Avoid falling asleep with heating pad turned on, or use a hot water bottle.
4. After pack is removed, cleanse skin with a solution of baking soda in water (1 teaspoonful to a pint).
5. Store pack in plastic bag or other container in a cool dry place when not in use.
6. Use pack daily or in a regular cycle (ex. 2 - 3 consecutive days a week) until results are obtained.
Other Suggestions for Use of Castor Oil Packs:
1. Wrap an ace bandage loosely around the pack and body to hold pack in place.
2. Use the pack to administer other packs and poultices, such as grape, mullein, vinegar and salt, Alka-Thyme, and Epsom salts.
3. Meditate, pray, read inspirational material, and think positive thoughts while using your pack.