- Brand: Alaffia
- Product Code: body-wash-everyday-shea-ALF-lvndr
- Quantity per Container: 32 Oz
Lavender Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Wash from Alaffia is rich-lathering, paraben-free body wash that contains a blend of Certified Fair Trade unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil and protective West African neem extract. Together, these ingredients form a natural body wash that foams well and cleans completely without stripping skins natural oils.
- Gently cleanses away everyday dirt and grime, leaving skin smooth and refreshed
- Scented with pure, relaxing lavender essential oil
- For everyday use and for all skin types
- Handmade by Alaffia
- With Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter
- NO animal testing
- Gluten free
- Unrefined ingredients
Alaffia was founded by Olowo-n djo Tchala, a Togolese native, as a way to generate funds to conduct community enhancement projects in his home country and other West African nations in order to reduce poverty and gender inequality. Olowo-n djo believes that Africans can mobilize their natural resources in a sustainable manner to empower their own communities, and that this is a more sustainable avenue towards reducing poverty than waiting for outside aid or for corrupt governments to fall. Alaffia and the Alaffia Shea Butter Cooperative were founded in order to trade the indigenous resource - Shea Butter - in the West to raise proceeds which are then returned to Togo in the form of community projects, including:
- Bicycles for Education: Since 2006, Alaffia has distributed over 4,000 bicycles to disadvantaged students in Togo to encourage them to stay and succeed in school.
- Maternal Health Care: Each year, Alaffia provides pre and post natal care to 700 mothers to help reduce the high maternal death rate in Togo.
- Reforestation and Environment: Alaffia plants 8,000 trees each year with rural farmers to prevent soil erosion and prepare for the unpredictable effects of climate change.
- Alaffia Cooperatives: Alaffia Cooperatives provide steady, fair incomes, health care and empowerment to women in Togo, West Africa.
Azadirachta indica (Neem) Leaf* Aqueous Extract, Saponified Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter* and Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lavandula hybrida (Lavender) Oil.
*Certi?ed Fair Trade by IMO
Squeeze body wash onto a wet loofah, scrub or wash cloth and work into a lather on body. Rinse. May also be used as a hand wash.