- Brand: Neuroscience
- Product Code: travacor-NSC-120-cpsls
- Quantity per Container: 120 Capsules
Contains a blend of ingredients shown to improve mood and reduce stress*
Taurine: Neuroprotective amino acid that provides antioxidant protection and demonstrates GABA-A agonist activity (1-3).* GABA is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain important for calm and sleep (4-6).
L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (7)*. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (8)*.
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract): 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) crosses the blood-brain barrier and is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin (9).* Serotonin is important for regulating mood and sleep-wake function (10). In a randomized, double-blind study, 5-HTP was shown to significantly improve mood (11).*
Vitamins B and C: Active forms of vitamin B6, folate, B12, and C are important for serotonin synthesis (12-16).*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Kumari N, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:19-27.
2. Shimada K, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2015;803:581-96.
3. Kletke O, et al. PLoS One. 2013;8(4):e61733.
4. Gou Z, et al. Dongwuxue Yanjiu. 2012;33(E5-6):E75-81.
5. Mohler H. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62(1):42-53.
6. Saper C, et al. Nature. 2005;437(7063):1257-63.
7. Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-2686.
8. Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007; 74(1):39-45.
9. Shaw K, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD003198.
10. Monti J. Sleep Med Rev. 2011;15(4):269-81.
11. Jangid P, et al. Asian J Psychiatr. 2013;6(1):29-34.
12. Dakshinamurti K, et al. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1990;585:128-44.
13. Bottiglieri T. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013;36(1):1-13.
14. Stahl S. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69(9):1352-3.
15. Antoniades C, et al. Circulation. 2006;114(11):1193-201.
16. May J, et al. Brain Res Bull. 2013;90:35-42.
3 capsules contain:
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 40mg (67%)
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate) 9mg (450%)
Folate 200mcg (50%)
---(from [6S]-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 30mcg (500%)
Magnesium 50mg (13%)
---(as magnesium bisglycinate chelate)
Zinc (from zinc bisglycinate chelate) 10mg (67%)
Selenium (from L-selenomethionine) 70mcg (100%)
Proprietary Blend 950mg
---Taurine, L-Theanine and 5-hydroxytryptophan (from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract)
Other Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule (hypromellose, water), and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Adults: Take 1 to 3 capsules one to two times daily or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.