NOW Foods Pine Needle Essential Oil
- Brand: NOW Foods
- Product Code: pine-needle-essential-oil-NOW
- Quantity per Container: 1 Oz
- 100% Pure Pine Needle Oil
- Aroma:-á Balsamic, pine scent.
- Benefits:-á Purifying, cleansing, refreshing.
- Mixes well with: Atlas cedarwood, cedarwood, citronella, clary sage, eucalyptus, frankincense, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, myrrh, patchouli, peppermint, rosemary, sage, sandalwood, tea tree, and thyme.
- Parts used: Needles, twigs, and buds.
- Extraction method: Steam Distilled from aged pine tree needles and twigs.
- Purity Tested/Quality Assured.
Native Americans made a special brew with the needles, which was consumed to prevent scurvy. The Scandinavians used pine branches in saunas, and many cultures stuffed mattresses with pine needles to repel lice, fleas, and other insects. In fact, pine-needle mattresses are still used today in the Swiss Alps, however now their purpose is as a remedy for rheumatism.
Pine oil is also a favorite in bath oils and foams (always with a carrier), because of both its fresh, lively scent and its antirheumatic properties.
100% pure pine needle oil
Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care.
-á Recommended Use:
For aromatherapy use.-á For all other uses, carefully dilute with a carrier oil such as jojoba, grapeseed, olive, or almond oil prior to use.-á Please consult an essential oil book or other professional reference source for suggested dilution ratios.
Caution:-á Keep out of reach of children.-á Avoid contact with skin or eyes.-á If pregnant or lactating, consult-áyour healthcare-ápractitioner-ábefore using.-á Not for internal use. Avoid if prone to allergic reactions. Avoid if diagnosed with high blood pressure. Should not be used on the skin of children or the elderly. Be sure to avoid oil from Pinus pumilio (dwarf pine).