NOW Foods Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Brand: NOW Foods
Product Code: organic-virgin-coconut-oil-NOW-20-oz
Quantity per Container: 20 Oz
Certified Organic Coconut Oil: A Wealth of Health Benefits
Coconut oil is not just for suntans anymore. This nutritious tropical food offers a wealth of health benefits for metabolism, skin, teeth, hair, digestion, immune health, energy levels and much more.
Coconut oil is extremely versatile and can be used in cooking, baking and raw food creations as well as natural beauty and body care recipes for the whole family.
Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil by NOW Foods is a cold-pressed, virgin, unrefined coconut oil made from fresh coconuts (cocos nucifera) and is non-GMO Project Verified.
About this Certified Organic Coconut Oil:
Part of the reason coconut oil is so nutritious is because it is rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These are easily-digested, healthy fats that are readily used for energy - not stored as fat. Additionally, they're more heat-stable than other fats, making them more suitable for cooking.
MCTs (lauric and caprylic acid)are also antimicrobial and antifungal, which can help protect and defend both the skin and the digestive system against infectious agents or bacterial imbalance.
- Rich in MCTs - these fats are directly absorbed by the intestines and used for energy. They may also improve nutrient absorption and protect against infectious agents.
- Helps moisturize and soften skin
- May help improve skin elasticity
- May be used as a massage oil
- May be used for oil pulling for oral health
- May be used as an alternative to other oils for cooking and baking. Has a high smoke point and no trans fats
- May be used as a makeup remover
- Gentle and suitable for sensitive skin and babies
- Naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal
- May boost metabolism and energy
- May help support and maintain normal cognitive function
- Can be used in cooking, baking, stir-fries, smoothies, raw food creations or as a non-dairy alternative to butter or margarines
- Great for pets too!
- Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Cold-pressed & Unrefined
Suggested Use for this Organic Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil offers a truly impressive array of uses and health benefits. This certified organic virgin coconut oil delivers premium nutrition as well as the assurance that no chemicals were used in the growth or processing of this food. Order yours now!
Store in a cool, dry and dark environment in a tightly sealed original container. After opening, product can be refrigerated or stored at cool room temperature. This product may begin to solidify at temperatures below 78F (26C).
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
- Servings Per Container: about 39
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories 120
- -Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 14 g (22%DV)
- -Saturated Fat 12 g (60%DV)
- -Trans Fat 0 g
- -Polyunsaturated Fat < 0.5 g
- -Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg (0%DV)
- Sodium 0 mg (0%DV)
- Total Carbohydrate 0 g (0%DV)
- -Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%DV)
- -Sugars0 g
- Protein 0 g (0%DV)
- Vitamin A (0%DV)
- Vitamin C (0%DV)
- Iron (0%DV)
Ingredient: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
Not manufactured with:yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International