- Brand: Barleans Organic Oils
- Product Code: organic-virgin-coconut-oil-BOO-16-oz
- Quantity per Container: 16 Oz
Island Fresh Organic Coconut Oil
The coconut has been used by people in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world for thousands of years. Recently, coconut oil has become increasingly popular for its many uses and health benefits, but thankfully, you don't actually have to shinny up a coconut tree to enjoy this delicious, versatile food.
This Organic Virgin Coconut Oil from Barleans is certified organic and fair trade, cold-expeller pressed and packed with Island Fresh flavor.
Benefits of this Coconut Oil
Called "the tree of a thousand uses" in the Malay language, the coconut and its oil truly have a multitude of uses.
Coconut oil is a highly nutritious alternative to other cooking oils for sauteing or stir-frying and can also be used in baked goods, raw food creations, smoothies, hot drinks and more. This coconut oil's fresh flavor lends itself to a diverse array of recipes, sweet or savory.
Coconut also makes an excellent natural moisturizer, massage oil and hair treatment, and can be used to create your own lotions, salves, creams and balms.
- Rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) - an easily metabolized and digested type of fat
- May support healthy weight management, improve energy and help protect cognitive function
- Lauric & Caprylic acids - MCTs which have antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial properties
- May help support immune system
- May support cardiovascular health
- Helps smooth, soften and moisturize skin and hair
- Can be used for cooking, baking, smoothies, raw food recipes and much more
- Virgin, Cold-expeller Pressed - no solvents or chemicals
- MCTs per tablespoon
- Lauric Acid 6,220 mg
- Caprylic Acid 640 mg
- Capric Acid 550 mg
- Coconuts hand-selected and picked at the peak of freshness and flavor in Quezon, Philippines
- Non-hydrogenated, no trans fats
- USDA Certified Organic
- Certified Fair Trade
Suggested Use for this Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut oil's uses for food or body care are numerous. It's a quick source of energy that's easily digested, it may support weight management, it's antibacterial and antifungal and it's delicious when added to most any recipe. This particular coconut oil is also organic and fair trade, so it's good for the planet, the people who make it and you. Order yours today!
Servings (15ml) per container: 32
1 tablespoon (15ml) contains:
---Calories from fat 130
Total Fat 14g
---Saturated Fat 12g
---Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
---Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs)
---Lauric Acid 6,220mg
---Caprylic Acid 640mg
---Capric Acid 550mg
Ingredients: Organic virgin coconut oil.
May be used straight, in cooking, baking, or frying - as a spread on toast or muffins and as a massage/body oil or hair tonic. No refrigeration required. Keep out of reach of children.