Remwood Products Grandmas Lye Soap Bar
Brand: Remwood Products
Product Code: grandmas-lye-soap-bar-RWP
Quantity per Container: 6 Oz
- Designated 100% SkinSAFE by Mayo Clinic dermatologist
- This soap may ease discomfort of dry, itchy skin, psoriasis, eczema, or acne with daily use.
- No detergents or additives to dry or irritate sensitive skin
- Natural glycerin is not removed
- Can be used for mosquito, tick and chigger bites
- Made in USA
Grandmas Lye Soap has been used for:
- Poison ivy-oak
- Any rash or hives
- Insect bites
- Hides human scent for hunters
- Winter dry, itchy skin
While most commercial soap manufacturers remove much of the glycerin from their products, Grandmas Lye Soap retains all of the natural glycerin. That is why Grandmas Lye Soap is pure soap and very good for your skin.
Cheaper soap is not better soap. Commercial soap manufacturers have found ways to reduce the cost of soap by adding detergents and other additives. While detergents are great cleaners, they remove the natural oils from the skin and may cause your skin to be dry and itchy.
Red, raw hands during the cold winter months can be caused by detergents in the soap you are using. Prevent detergent burned hands during the winter months by washing hands regularly with Grandmas Lye Soap.
(Please note that the following are not recommendations or medical claims, only part of the history of homemade lye soap. Because all skin is different, always consult your doctor about any skin conditions.)
- Some folks have said that teenage acne was not a problem back when people used homemade lye soap for bathing. In the Summer of 2006, lye soap was mentioned on the Oprah Winfrey Show during a discussion about what worked for acne.
- Some folks suggest bathing with lye soap as soon as possible after being exposed to poison ivy or oak. They recommend washing the affected areas 3 to 4 times a day and putting some lather on the rash to ease the discomfort.
- Some folks who have used lye soap for years say a little lather on mild sunburn seems to pull the heat out.
- Some folks say leg cramps can be helped by placing a bar of lye soap on the foot of the bed under the sheets where the legs rest.
- Mosquito or chigger bite discomfort may be eased by placing some lather on the bite.
- Leather tennis shoes can be cleaned and softened by simply lathering up a cloth, rubbing on the shoes and wiping off with a damp cloth.
- For light laundry stains, wet stain, rub lye soap on, then launder.
- For dirty white socks, shave 1/16th bar in a pot of water and boil socks for 10 minutes. The socks will look almost brand new again.
Food grade lard, Water (Aqua) and Lye (Sodium hydroxide).
Psoriasis: "I have psoriasis and for years. My mother gave me a bar of Grandmas Lye Soap. Within four days of using the soap, the lesions cleared up, and I no longer suffer with open lesions. This has changed my life as I can wear shorts and dark colored shirts without being embarrassed." (B.G., Columba, SC)
Eczema: "Our five year old son has eczema quite severely. Our allergist suggested we try Grandmas Lye Soap. He felt immediate relief and told me to buy some for his school so he could use it to wash his hands while in school. Our son takes quite a bit of medicine to control his allergies and to find a product that does not have side effects and provides such relief is wonderful!" (P.S., St. Petersburg, FL)