- Brand: Xlear
- Product Code: xylo-sweet-xylitol-sweetener-XLR-1-lb
- Quantity per Container: 1 Lbs
XyloSweet Plant Sourced Sweetener from Xlear is a delicious low-calorie pure Xylitol sweetener that can be substituted for most common sweeteners without compromising taste or texture.
- Ideal sugar replacement
- Zero net carbohydrates.
- Just as sweet and tasty as table sugar, with 40% fewer calories (approx. 2.4 calories/gram versus sugars 4.0)
- Glycemic index: 7 (compared to sugars 83)
- Has NO aftertaste and can be used in most recipes that call for sugar in equal portions without making changes to the recipe
- Made of a naturally-occurring substance found in fruits and vegetables like plums, strawberries, and corn cobs.
- Gluten free
- Approved by both the World Health Organization and the FDA as safe in unlimited quantities as a food additive.
This 100% xylitol sweetener is the sweetest of all natural sugar substitutes. Currently used in many sugar-free products, it is increasingly gaining acceptance as an alternative sweetener because it has similar bulk and taste as sugar, is ideal for those needing to limit their sugar consumption, and it does not promote tooth decay.
Xylitol is recommended by dentists, medical doctors, periodontists, pediatricians, and many health organizations and health professionals worldwide as a sweetener for anyone concerned with dental health, upper respiratory health, and sugar consumption in general.
Servings (4g) per container: 113
1 teaspoon (4g) contains:
Total Fat 0mg
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Ingredients: 100% Pure Xylitol
Contains NO: gluten, GMOs, fillers, flow agents or other additives.
Uses in Cooking:
When cooking, replace sugar with XyloSweet in equal measurements. XyloSweet is heat-stable for cooking and baking, it also mixes and dissolves just like common sugar. XyloSweet will not cause breads and pastries to rise and is not a good choice for hard candies since it will not crystallize with heating. Xylitol is not recommended for sweetening juices and instant beverages that require large amounts of sweetener.
Xylitol requires a brief period of tolerance adjustment. It is suggested that XyloSweet be used in gradually increasing portions over a period of three to six weeks before it is entirely substituted for common sugar.