NOW Foods Sprouting Jar with Lid
Brand: NOW Foods
Product Code: sprouting-jar-lid-NOW
Quantity per Container: 0.5 Gallon
Sprout Your own Seeds with Help from NOW Foods
If you're a big fan of sprouts and are interested in learning to sprout your own seeds, grains, or legumes, it may be easier than you think. NOW Foods offers a Sprouting Jar that contains a stainless steel screen for easier drainage and use.
- Half-gallon size, and comes with a stainless steel screen and lid
- Ideal for sprouting legumes, seeds, and grains
Get started on sprouting at home today. Order yours Sprouting jar from NOW Foods and see how easy it can be!
1) Place two tablespoons of sprouting seeds or 1/2 cup of legumes/grains in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. For many small seeds, five hours of soaking is sufficient.
2) Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh, lukewarm water and drain again. For well drained seeds/sprouts, lay jar at an angle in a warm (70 degrees F), dark place.
3) Rinse and drain seeds twice a day. In hot and dry weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three times a day. In very humid weather, the seeds should be kept in a dry place. Turn jar over gently. Overturning the jar rapidly will cause shifting in the sprouting seeds. This can break the tender shoots and kill the sprout. This breakage causes the sprout to spoil. Sprouts should be ready to eat in 3-5 days, depending on the seed used. Put in sunlight during the last day to add chlorophyll.