- Brand: Alaffia
- Product Code: shampoo-everyday-shea-ALF-lvndr
- Quantity per Container: 32 Oz
Lavender Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo from Alaffia is a paraben-free, natural shampoo with unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil and antioxidant shea leaf extract that cleans thoroughly without stripping natural oils from the hair.
- Gentle, creamy shampoo with unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil and antioxidant shea leaf extract
- Cleans thoroughly without stripping natural oils in hair
- Scented with refreshing, pure Lavender essential oil
- Handmade by Alaffia with Certified FAIR TRADE Shea Butter
- For everyday use and for all hair types
- Contains NO: parabens, gluten or synthetic fragrance
- NO animal testing
Alaffia was founded by Olowo-n djo Tchala, a Togolese native, as a way to generate funds to conduct community enhancement projects in his home country and other West African nations in order to reduce poverty and gender inequality. Olowo-n djo believes that Africans can mobilize their natural resources in a sustainable manner to empower their own communities, and that this is a more sustainable avenue towards reducing poverty than waiting for outside aid or for corrupt governments to fall. Alaffia and the Alaffia Shea Butter Cooperative were founded in order to trade the indigenous resource - Shea Butter - in the West to raise proceeds which are then returned to Togo in the form of community projects, including:
- Bicycles for Education: Since 2006, Alaffia has distributed over 4,000 bicycles to disadvantaged students in Togo to encourage them to stay and succeed in school.
- Maternal Health Care: Each year, Alaffia provides pre and post natal care to 700 mothers to help reduce the high maternal death rate in Togo.
- Reforestation and Environment: Alaffia plants 8,000 trees each year with rural farmers to prevent soil erosion and prepare for the unpredictable effects of climate change.
- Alaffia Cooperatives: Alaffia Cooperatives provide steady, fair incomes, health care and empowerment to women in Togo, West Africa.
Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Leaf* Aqueous Extract, Saponified Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter* (and) Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Lavendula hybrida (Lavender)
*Certified Fair Trade by IMO.
Apply to wet hair and massage into a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly and condition with EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Conditioner for best results.