- Brand: YS Organic Bee Farms
- Product Code: raw-manuka-honey-YSO
- Servings per Container: 31
- Quantity per Container: 12 Oz
Raw New Zealand Manuka Honey: A Multitude of Uses
Raw Manuka Honey Active 15+ from Y.S. Organic Bee Farms is a highly active raw honey from bees fed from the manuka shrub. This honey has a long history of use amongst the Maori people of New Zealand and is renowned for its multitude of uses and possible health benefits.
About Raw Manuka Honey Active 15+:
Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) honey is made by bees who pollinate the manuka bush, a plant native to New Zealand. It has traditionally been used by the Maori people as a topical application for minor burns and wounds.
Manuka honey has been found to be rich in an antibacterial compound called methyglyoxal (MG), which may work synergistically with the honey's natural antioxidant properties to support wound healing and tissue health.
Like other honeys, manuka honey may be used to flavor food and drinks. It does have a stronger flavor due to the high activity 15+ rating, which indicates the high MG level, or possible antibacterial activity. This potency is maintained even after boiling or heating.
Possible benefits of this 15+ active, organic, raw manuka honey include the following:
- Natural antibacterial properties may support healthy bacterial balance in the stomach
- May be used as a healthful flavoring for hot or cold beverages. Retains its antibacterial properties even when heated.
- May help soothe minor burns and skin irritations
- Natural humectant properties may help moisturize skin
- May help soothe minor wounds and enhance natural wound repair processes
- May help promote healthy gums
Suggested Use for Raw Manuka Honey Active 15+
Use this highly-active raw manuka honey to flavor hot or cold beverages or apply externally as a naturally antibacterial skin soother and moisturizer.
Adults: Take 1/2 tablespoon twice a day, or more as needed or desired.
Caution:Do not feed honey to infants under 1 year of age.