Maintaining Balanced Microflora
Maintaining balanced microflora has a profound influence on women's health. Numerous factors influence the balance of vaginal microflora, including vaginal pH, hormonal changes, stressors, direct exogenous exposures, and diet. Lactobacilli species help promote a healthy vaginal environment through many mechanisms, including the production of hydrogen peroxide,1 which helps maintain an acidic pH, and the production of bacteriocins,2 which inhibit the growth of less beneficial organisms.*
Pro-Flora™ Women's Probiotic contains a clinically-validated combination of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1® and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®. More than 20 years of clinical research support the use of GR-1 and RC-14 to colonize the vaginal tract and support urogenital health.* This unique combination also supports healthy vaginal odor and comfort, as well as bowel health and regularity.*
• Proven to colonize the vaginal tract after oral administration*
• Features acid and bile-tolerant probiotic strains
• Potency and viability are guaranteed through expiration date
• Safe to use with conventional options for urogenital health*
• Safe for use by pregnant women
1. Eschenbach DA, Davick PR, Williams BL, et al. Prevalence of hydrogen peroxide-producing Lactobacillus species in normal women and women with bacterial vaginosis. J Clin Microbiol 1989;27:251–6.
2. Kaewsrichan J, Peeyananjarassri K, Kongprasertkit J. Selection and identification of anaerobic lactobacilli producing inhibitory compounds against vaginal pathogens. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 2006;48:75–83.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the food & drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.