- Brand: Douglas Laboratories
- Product Code: licorice-root-v-500-mg-glycyrrhizin-DGL
- Servings per Container: 60
- Quantity per Container: 60 Veg Capsules
Licorice Root for Soothing Digestive and Respiratory Support
Licorice is not just a flavor of jelly bean that people either love or hate. The slightly sweet-tasting Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.) has a long history of use as a demulcent (soothing) herb. It is often used to help support the digestive and respiratory systems - coating the throat and stomach and helping make coughs more productive.
Licorice Root-V with Glycyrrhizin from Douglas Labs is an herbal extract standardized to contain 12% Glycyrrhizin per capsule, for soothing digestive, throat and respiratory support.
About this Licorice Root supplement:
Licorice root has natural anti-inflammatory and demulcent properties that make it useful for soothing the stomach, throat and digestive tract. It may also help thin mucous and relax bronchial spams.
Additionally, licorice root has natural phytoestrogens which may help reduce symptoms of PMS and it may promote healthy cortisol regulation, making it useful for stress management.
- May offer antioxidant protection
- Helps soothe digestive tract, promote balanced stomach acid levels, ease heartburn
- Helps reduce inflammation
- May promote immune function
- May support liver health
- May support respiratory health and reduce congestion
- May help relieve the effects of stress
- May help alleviate respiratory allergy symptoms
- May help relieve symptoms related to PMS
- May help soothe sore throat
- May increase energy
- Licorice root (glycyrrhiza glabra L.) extract - 500mg per capsule
- Standardized to contain 60mg Glycyrrhizin (12%) per capsule
- Suitable for vegetarians - no animal ingredients
Suggested Use for Licorice Root-V:
Licorice root is a multipurpose herb that's especially handy during cold or allergy season and for soothing occasional digestive complaints. This Licorice Root supplement contains the active component glycyrrhizin to help soothe sore throats and other irritated tissues (people susceptible to high blood pressure are advised to seek out the de-glycerrhizinated form). Get yours now!
1 vegetarian capsule contains:
Licorice Herbal Extract (root) 500mg
---(Glycyrrhiza glabra L.)
---Standardized to provide 60mg glycyrrhizin (12%)
Other Ingredients: cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule) and vegetable stearate.
Adults: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule, 1 to 2 times daily between meals or as directed by a healthcare professional. If digestive irritation occurs, take with food.
Cautions: Prolonged use of large amounts may lead to higher blood levels of sodium and lower potassium, causing edema, hypertension and heart problems; adrenal depletion may also occur. If you are pregnant or nursing, have a history of renal failure or are currently using cardiac glycosides, consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.