- Brand: Life Extension
- Product Code: integra-lean-african-mango-irvingia-LFE
- Servings per Container: 60
- Quantity per Container: 60 Veg Capsules
Natural Support for Weight Loss
Integra-Lean African Mango Irvingia from Life Extension provides a natural appetite suppressant extracted from white beans to support healthy weight loss and appetite control.
Support for healthy weight loss and appetite control
Gaining control over your body's command signals is critical to maintaining a healthy weight. And scientists have now identified specific biological mechanisms that cause aging people to gain weight, no matter how little they eat.
The problem has been that there was no way to circumvent the underlying factors that cause excess body fat -- until now.
Hormones and Appetite
Normally, a hormone called leptin tells our brain we have consumed enough calories and can stop eating.
It also stimulates a process that breaks down fat stored in cells.
As we age, however, our cells, including the appetite control center in our brains, become "leptin resistant." This means that leptin is unable to regulate body weight.
Adult-onset weight gain is also characterized by the enlargement of existing adipocytes, or fat cells, so they store too much fat.
Irvingia and Weight Loss
This weight management formula features an extract from a West African plant called Irvingia, which may support the maintenance of healthy body weight in four ways:
- Weight Management: Fat cells produce a compound that leads to "leptin resistance." Irvingia, however, may help lower the level of this compound in overweight people, supporting the reactivation of leptin. This may support the breakdown of fat in fat cells and tell the brain to turn off chronic hunger messages.
- Hormone Support: Large fat cells secrete less of the hormone adiponectin, which helps support insulin sensitivity as well as cardiovascular health. Irvingia may help markedly increase adiponectin levels in overweight people.
- Weight Loss: An enzyme called glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase facilitates the conversion of glucose into triglycerides that increase the size of fat cells. Irvingia may inhibit this enzyme, thus reducing the amount of glucose, or sugar, converted into fat in the body.
- Diet: For carbohydrates to be fully absorbed, they must be broken down in the digestive tract by the amylase enzyme. Irvingia may inhibit amylase, reducing the amount of ingested starches that will be absorbed as sugar and converted into fat.
Several studies show irvingia may contribute to weight loss. In the largest placebo controlled human study, those taking Irvingia lost 28 pounds compared to only 3 pounds in the placebo group. The study participants did not alter their diet.
A dose of 150 mg of Integra-Lean African Mango Irvingia taken twice a day may support a weight management program.
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
1 capsule contains:
Integra-Lean African Mango 150mg
---(Irvingia gabonensis) proprietary extract (seed)
Other Ingredients: rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica.
Adults: Take one capsule twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are pregnant or nursing or undergoing medical treatment, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.