- Brand: Dr. Mercola
- Product Code: gluten-enzymes-DRM-30-cpsls
- Quantity per Container: 30 Capsules
Gluten Enzymes from Dr. Mercola helps take away the guesswork from dining out and can help you enjoy your meal when you can't be sure it's gluten free. Rapid digestion of gluten is critical for good gluten tolerance, so Gluten Enzymes has been scientifically designed to aid in the rapid and complete digestion of gluten to relieve occasional bloating, gas and intestinal discomfort.
Gluten Enzymes contains:
- Amylase to digest the carbohydrate so the other enzymes can target the gluten
- Optimal pH Proteases for the speedy breakdown of gluten proteins in different areas and at varying pH's into smaller polypeptide fragments and amino acids
- Peptidase to release amino acids from gluten proteins and polypeptides
- ATP or adenosine 5'-triphosphate, that's missing from processed and cooked foods to help initiate your digestive processes
Two key factors separate Gluten Enzymes from other gluten enzyme formulas. Instead of simply splicing the gluten protein down the middle, the peptidase enzyme in Gluten Enzymes cleaves the gluten protein's peptide bonds in the center and at both ends for faster breakdown.
Also, the Amylase in Dr. Mercola's formula rapidly digests the protective carbohydrate surrounding the gluten, allowing the Proteases easy access to break down the gluten completely before it reaches your small intestine where it causes the majority of discomfort.
You can take Gluten Enzymes by itself for the digestion of gluten and carbohydrates or, for best results, pair it with Full Spectrum Enzymes or Full Spectrum Enzymes for Women for a comprehensive vegan enzyme program to aid in complete meal digestion.
1 capsule contains:
Amylase 10,000 DU
Optimal pH Proteases
---Protease 7.0 35,000 HUT
---Protease 3.0 150 SAPU
Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) 250 million LCU
Other Ingredients: organic rice hull, capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), medium chain triglycerides.
Adults: As a dietary supplement, take one 1 capsule daily before a meal containing gluten. For best results, take with Dr. Mercola's Full Spectrum Enzymes.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition, please consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.