Dr. Mercola Detox Support for Cats & Dogs
- Brand: Dr. Mercola
- Product Code: detox-support-cats-dogs-DRM
- Quantity per Container: 1.7 Oz
Dr. Mercola's Detox Support for Cats & Dogs was formulated to help maintain your pet’s healthy liver and kidney function, and to support his normal detoxification processes.
Your pet comes into contact with environmental toxins whether he spends his time indoors or outdoors. Indoor contaminants include volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other toxic chemicals from household furnishings, cleaning and personal care products. Outdoor pollutants and contaminants can be present in the air, dirt and grass. Even rain water has been found to contain measurable amounts of glyphosate from the agricultural herbicide Roundup.
Mercola recommends Detox Support for Cats & Dogs for daily use or as needed, depending upon your pet's exposure and overall vitality. Animals with stressed organs from either normal genetic predispositions or age related changes may benefit from daily use.
Here are general suggestions for use to support your pet’s normal detoxification process:
- If your pet is exposed to chemicals in heartworm medications, flea and tick preventives, or undergoes anesthesia, use for one week after treatments.
- If your pet has seasonal exposure to toxins, such as swimming in chlorinated pools or walking in areas that have been sprayed, use as needed.
- If your pet experiences regular exposure to pollutants or chemicals indoors or outdoors, such as household cleaners, air fresheners or household sprays, use regularly.
- If you apply chemical lawn fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides in or around your home or yard, use regularly (remember, you’re likely tracking them inside your home).
Detox Support can be used as a daily maintenance product for life-long support or periodically for short term exposures.
Active Ingredients per 1 Scoop (0.54 g)
Organic Japanese Knotweed 75mg
-(Polygonum cuspidatum) Root providing 25mg of Resveratrol
Organic Milk Thistle Seed Extract 35mg
Organic Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) 25mg
Curcumin Phytosome Complex 25mg
-(Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Rhizome Extract, Sunflower Lecithin)
Organic Dandelion (Taraxacum mongolicum) Leaf 25mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 25mg
Phosphatidylcholine (from Sunflower Lecithin) 25mg
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) 25mg
Organic Schisandra Fruit Extract 15mg
Organic Green Tea Leaf Extract 10mg
Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Organic Rice Hull.
Directions for Use:
Administer orally, once per day.
Cats (2+ lbs) 0.27 g 1/2 scoop
Toy Breed Dogs (up to 14 lbs) 0.54 g, 1 scoop
Small Breed Dogs (15-29 lbs) 0.81 g, 1 1/2 scoops
Medium Breed Dogs (30-49 lbs) 1.08 g, 2 scoops
Large Breed Dogs (50-79 lbs) 1.62 g, 3 scoops
Giant Breed Dogs (80+ lbs) 2.16 g, 4 scoops
For use in Cats and Dogs only. If your animal is pregnant, nursing, trying to conceive, taking any medication, or has a medical condition, please consult your veterinarian before administering any dietary supplement. Administer during or after the animal has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset. Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately. Keep out of reach of children and animals.