Body Ecology Culture Starter
- Brand: Body Ecology
- Product Code: culture-starter-BOE
- Servings per Container: 6
- Quantity per Container: 6 Packets
Make Your Own Probiotic Foods with Culture Starter
Culture Starter from Body Ecology is a starter kit containing “good” bacteria (Lactobacillus pantarum, Pediococcus acidolactici and Leu. cremoris), as well as inulin (dietary fiber), which gives you the ability to start culturing your own organic vegetables for their probiotic benefits.
Sometimes you need probiotic support to maintain the health of your inner ecosystem. Culture Starter may help this process, and the results are suitable for use in your daily diet, helping your body to function properly.
With help from Culture Starter, you’ll shred organic vegetables and leave them in an airtight container to ferment at room temperature for a few days. Friendly bacteria naturally present in the vegetables will lower their pH, thereby creating a more acidic environment in which more helpful bacteria can grow. As the vegetables soften, they deliver delicious and nutritious support for your diet.
Culture Starter can offer potential benefits for anyone’s nutritional needs, including pregnant women, as beneficial bacteria helps support a healthy birth canal. Cultured vegetables may also help to curb cravings for sweets, bread and dairy.
Culture Starter Product Details
- Six packets per box
- Starter kit to make your own cultured vegetables, cultured whipped butter or sour cream
- Supports the inner ecosystem of the digestive tract
- Provides nutritional support for pregnant women and children
- Includes easy-to-follow instructions
- Organic, vegan
- Non-GMO, gluten free, soy free
- May contain trace amounts of dairy
- Keep refrigerated
By using Culture Starter with your favorite vegetables (such as cabbage, carrots, and garlic), you’ll create your own delicious cultured foods in an economical way that serves to support the balance of beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract. Order yours today!
Servings (1 packet) per container: 6
1 packet (5g) contains:
---Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g
Total Carb. 0g
Ingredients: Lb. pantarum, Pediococcus acidolactici, Leu cremoris, inulin. May contain trace amounts of dairy.
Contains NO: gluten, soy. Non-GMO. Vegetarian. Organic.
An Easy Beginner's Recipe
- 3 heads green cabbage, shredded in a food processor
- Several cabbage leaves
- 6 carrots, large shredded in a food processor
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 packet of Body Ecology Veggie Culture Starter
- 1/2 cup warm (90F) water
1. Dissolve Veggie Culture Starter with warm water. Add some form of sugar to feed the starter (try Rapadura, Sucanat, honey, Agave, or EcoBloom). Let the starter/sugar mixture sit for about 20 minutes or longer while the L. Plantarum and other bacteria wake up and begin enjoying the sugar. Put aside.
2. Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl.
3. Remove several cups of this mixture and put into a blender.
4. Add enough filtered water to make a "brine" the consistency of thick juice. Add culture starter mixture from step 1. Blend well and then add brine back into first mixture. Stir well.
5. Pack mixture down into a glass or stainless steel container. Use your fist, a wooden dowel, or a potato masher to pack veggies tightly.
6. Fill container almost full, but leave about 2 inches of room at the top for veggies to expand.
7. Roll up several cabbage leaves into a tight "log" and place them on top to fill the remaining 2-inch space. Clamp jar closed.
8. Let veggies sit at about a 70F room temperature for at least 3 days. A week is even better. Refrigerate to slow down fermentation. Enjoy!