- Brand: Bluebonnet
- Product Code: chelated-iron-18-mg-BB
- Servings per Container: 90
- Quantity per Container: 90 Veg Capsules
Albion Chelated Iron from Bluebonnet is a dietary supplement that supports increasing iron stores in the body to normal levels.
One of the most abundant metals on Earth, iron is also essential to most life forms and to normal human physiology. It is essential for transporting oxygen around our bodies, as well as for cell growth.
When we do not have enough iron, we do not get enough oxygen around our body, producing fatigue, poor work performance, and decreased immunity.
Even so, the World Health Organization describes iron deficiency as the most common and widespread nutritional disorder in the world. It says two billion people, over 30% of the worlds population, have anemia, many due to iron deficiency.
Iron deficiency develops gradually and symptoms include
- Feeling tired and weak
- Decreased work and school performance
- Impaired cognitive and social development during childhood
- Trouble maintaining body temperature
- Decreased immune function, which increases susceptibility to infection
- An inflamed tongue
The groups most likely to benefit from iron supplements include
- Pregnant women
- Preterm and low birth weight infants
- Older infants and toddlers
- Teenage girls
- Women of childbearing age
- People with renal failure
- People with gastrointestinal disorders who cannot normally absorb iron
Albion Chelated Iron 18 mg Vcaps provide a gentle, non-constipating amino acid chelated form of iron that will not cause abdominal distress, in an easy-to-swallow vegetable capsules for maximum assimilation and absorption.
1 capsule contains:
Iron 18mg* (100%DV)
---(ferrous bisglycinate chelate)
Other Ingredients: 100% Kosher vegetable capsules, vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate.
Contains NO: milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans. Also free of corn, yeast, gluten, barley, sodium and sugar.
Adults: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule daily or as recommended by a healthcare professional.
If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.