I realized the other day that we are leaving for our Disneyworld vacation in a few weeks. Clearly, you can tell I’m extremely prepared for this trip. All joking aside, it should be an awesome vacation. It’s my 4 year old’s first time at Disney and she’s at the perfect age for Disney “magic”… the princesses, the characters–she’ll love it all! Plus the temperatures in Wisconsin have been around 15 degrees for the last two weeks and the last time I checked the weather in Orlando was around 72 degrees. Many people choose to travel around this time of the year. Whether it’s for the holidays or maybe to escape the cold, the winter months seem to be a popular time for traveling.
However, as many people know, it’s not uncommon to become sick during or after travel. Some people may experience nausea while traveling, whether it’s via car or airplane. Others find themselves getting sick after airplane traveling and some people just don’t sleep as well when on vacation which can also suppress a person’s immune system.
Luckily, there are things you can do to stay healthy while you’re traveling and reduce your risk of getting sick even after you’re home.
- Boost Your Immune System Before You Go.Â Â Your body is exposed to a large amount of toxins while you’re traveling. Airplanes are commonly cramped and when you have that many people in one space you’re bound to be exposed to a variety of germs. For natural immune support supplements click here. The better equipped your immune system is to handle these germs and toxins, the less likely you are to get sick on your vacation.
- Battle the nausea.Â If you’re traveling via airplane, or even if you’re taking a long road trip in the car you might experience some nausea. My boyfriend and I drove from Wisconsin to Nebraska this summer and I found myself feeling slightly carsick at multiple points throughout the trip. If you experience nausea while traveling, instead of reaching for some over the counter drug why not try something more natural? There are many homeopathic remedies that may help your nausea. Check them out here!
- Bring your own food.Â We all know airport food is nothing to brag about. And if you’re gluten-free, dairy-free or have other dietary preferences it can be pretty trick to find something when you’re on the go. The solution? Bring your own food! This way you won’t have to worry about eating the toxin-filled junk you may be exposed to while on vacation. If you’re flying though, be sure to look into guidelines for what you can/cannot carry on so you don’t end up having to forfeit your food at security.
- Stay active! I can’t stress this one enough. Just because you’re traveling or on vacation, you don’t need to ditch your workout program. You can easily throw a jump rope, yoga mat or resistance band into your suitcase and still get a great workout. You may also want to check ahead of time to see if your hotel has a gym or fitness center. If it doesn’t, try finding one nearby. If that’s not an option then workout right in your hotel room. Jump rope, high knees, burpees and pushups are all easy options you can do from your room while traveling.
- Bring your own products. Just like you want to make sure you have healthy food available you’ll also want to make sure you have natural, non-toxic products available. It may take a little more packing but bringing your own personal care products can save you from exposure to toxins found in common hotel shampoos and conditioners. You can browse our natural skin care, hair care and makeup products here.
- Clean your hotel room as soon as you get there. You don’t need to bring a toilet brush by any means, but a quick wipe-down of door handles and other contact surfaces can kill any additional germs that may be hiding.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!Â I am the first to admit that as a blonde hair, fair skinned Wisconsinite, the sun and I do not agree. One thing I will certainly be packing for our Disney trip is sunscreen…and not just any sunscreen. Most sunscreens you’ll find at the store contain oxybenzone, which is a hormone disruptor that is absorbed through common sunscreen products. Why not go for a more natural sunscreen? We offer many brands of quality, non-toxic sunscreens…best of all, free shipping on all orders in the U.S! Click here to check out our natural sunscreens.
- Don’t forget to sleep.Â I know personally, this is something I am trying to remind myself when it comes to Disney. Disneyworld is a busy place, with literally hundreds (probably closer to thousands) of things to do in a day. I anticipate our days will be pretty packed (I also anticipate a meltdown or two) but I’m trying to remember how important it is to make sure that we’re all well-rested throughout the course of the trip. While you’re busy enjoying your vacation make sure to get plenty of good, quality sleep. Depending on where you’re going and if you’re changing time zones it may be hard to adjust the first few days. Luckily, there are plenty of natural sleep support supplements you can try. Â Our natural sleep support supplementsÂ can help you get to sleep and feel refreshed and ready to enjoy your vacation.
Traveling can be stressful but remember, it doesn’t have to be. Using these natural tips can help you stay healthy and make the most out of your vacation. Bring it on, Disneyworld!
Where will you be traveling in the coming months? Anywhere exciting? Let us know in the comment section below!