- Brand: Alaffia
- Product Code: basket-mini-market-style-african-handwoven-grass-ALF
- Quantity per Container: 1 Piece(s)
This pretty Mini Market-Style African Grass Basket from Alaffia is handwoven from sustainable harvested grass in Ghana and Togo. Market-style baskets are round with a single handle. These baskets are extremely durable and strong.
Please note: Colors on baskets vary. Colors are not always as shown in photo.
- Basket is approximately 7" tall from top of handle to bottom of basket. Circumference is approx. 7".
Alaffia Fair Trade Baskets:
- Are strong, durable and versatile with a myriad of uses
- Contribute to economic and gender equality
- Are environmentally and culturally sustainable
- Are handwoven from wild-harvested grass
- Preserve and value indigenous knowledge
- Fund community empowerment projects
- Reduce consumption of plastic bags
Gender Equaltiy: Members of Alaffias cooperative receive stable, fair incomes and healthcare for their families in return for their indigenous skills and knowledge.
The wild-harvested savanna grass used to weave the baskets requires very little nutrients and water to grow, so it is plentiful in even the most degraded soils. By receiving a fair market value for this indigenous resource, families are able to support themselves and empower their communities. In addition, their cultural knowledge and heritage is preserved, adding value to humanity as a whole.
Care and Use Instructions:
To reshape your basket, spray lightly with cold water, manipulate basket to desired shape and let dry thoroughly in a warm area. Colors will fade with exposure to direct light. Store away from light for best color retention.